Wednesday, January 09, 2008

If any one of you dahlings is a fan of The Beatles and also of musical-movie mash-ups like Moulin Rouge, then I have got just the recommendation for you. I absolutely adored the film Across The Universe and was amazed by how well the producers and director weaved so many Beatles songs into the plot. Also, the cast sings all of the covers themselves, and they have some serious talent among them. In particular, do check out the lead's (Jim Sturgess the Scotsman with such a sexy accent) vocals and his chiselled looks. Droolworthy! :)


This is perhaps my favourite scene and song in the entire movie. The song is I've Just Seen A Face.


And here is the full song from above, vocals covered by Jim Sturgess.


My second favourite scene in the entire movie. The idea of the scene - from the animated Uncle Sam to the choreography - is absolutely brilliant!

--------
I've just seen a face,
I can't forget the time or place
Where we just met.
She's just the girl for me
And I want all the world to see
We've met, mmm-mmm-mmm-m'mmm-mmm.

Had it been another day
I might have looked the other way
And I'd have never been aware.
But as it is I'll dream of her
Tonight, di-di-di-di'n'di.

I have never known
The like of this, I've been alone
And I have missed things
And kept out of sight
But other girls were never quite
Like this, da-da-n'da-da'n'da.

Falling, yes I am falling,
And she keeps calling
Me back again.

I've Just Seen A Face
~The Beatles~

:))



Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

a narc-ed mind
..narcosis..
..rapture..
..bliss..

Basic principles.
Groove with the claves.

    www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing items in a set called Latest. Make your own badge here.


. Political Comics
. EvolGen
. Deep Sea News
. Oceanic Dreams
. Behavioural Ecology Blog
. Annotated Budak
. The Other 95%
. Blogfish
. The Oyster's Garter
. Beyond Salmon
. Small Things Considered
. MercatorNet
. Corrinne May
. Addicted 2 Salsa
. The Unlikely Salsero
. Magna Gopal
. La Onda Tropical
. Pepanito
. Sun Of Latin Music
. iMambo.tv

. DF
. SF
. Grupolatin
. SalsaSingapore.sg
. Dance Chic
. Dance Unlimited
. Caliente
. Groove
. Two Left Feet
. En Motion
. Jitterbugs
. BodyTalks
. ADS
. DansFlava
. iWantToDance Forum

. Bachata 106
. The Mambo Show
. 100% Salsa
. Classic Salsa

Singapore celebrates the reefs

. Style My Closet

. The Rose Box