Monday, October 16, 2006

Went to check out Club Salsa last Thursday evening with the team, and I discovered that the floor area was smaller than Union's.. which does not make that much of a difference anyway, for the scene here is much smaller than Singapore's. Judging from what I saw that evening, I would make a tentative statement that Union has a greater proportion of better dancers, but then again I do not think I have seen the full scene yet. There was an aching, a yearning for the familiarity of the Union that I now call home, and it didn't quite help that Thursdays (which coincidentally is the only night in the week when the team can get free entry) are pure salsa nights, ie. no bachata. Not even when I attempted a request.. :'(

There will be a party at Saint Ive's, a twenty minute drive north of town, this coming Friday. Already I have had three separate invitations to go, so yes, I think I shall hop on the bandwagon and check out the supposedly larger Cambridgeshire scene.

Oh! And I started teaching Chee Hui and Shirley basic lessons this evening.. with the aim of getting them comfortable with basic socialing by the time the end-November salsa Winter Ball comes around.. :) From the looks of the first evening, it should be easy for them. Watch this space for their growth haha.

--------
An exciting discovery - the University LAN gateway allows for its users to access a variety of different online scientific journals! Ooolala. Scholarly research made easier! :)



Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

a narc-ed mind
..narcosis..
..rapture..
..bliss..

Basic principles.
Groove with the claves.

    www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing items in a set called Latest. Make your own badge here.


. Political Comics
. EvolGen
. Deep Sea News
. Oceanic Dreams
. Behavioural Ecology Blog
. Annotated Budak
. The Other 95%
. Blogfish
. The Oyster's Garter
. Beyond Salmon
. Small Things Considered
. MercatorNet
. Corrinne May
. Addicted 2 Salsa
. The Unlikely Salsero
. Magna Gopal
. La Onda Tropical
. Pepanito
. Sun Of Latin Music
. iMambo.tv

. DF
. SF
. Grupolatin
. SalsaSingapore.sg
. Dance Chic
. Dance Unlimited
. Caliente
. Groove
. Two Left Feet
. En Motion
. Jitterbugs
. BodyTalks
. ADS
. DansFlava
. iWantToDance Forum

. Bachata 106
. The Mambo Show
. 100% Salsa
. Classic Salsa

Singapore celebrates the reefs

. Style My Closet

. The Rose Box