Wednesday, June 14, 2006
Todo a su tiempo, he says. Everything in its time.
Yet is there time enough?
Splashed across the front page of Home news today was the report of a young man, knocked down in his prime, victim of a hit-and-run incident when he was out jogging in the darkness of the night.
The boy is not easily cowed, but the report took him by the scruff of his neck and shook him up. For it could easily have been anyone lying in a pool of drying blood and oozing redness. Even the boy himself. So if tomorrow never comes, would he have had sufficient opportunities to let those around him know that he loved them in his short life? You see, the balance is always difficult to achieve - on one hand the expression of love and gratitude, on the other the plethora of constrictive societal norms and personal fears.
Todo a su tiempo? The boy does not know, quite yet, how to complement time and space in the most optimal way. To family, friends.. and a Pretty Little Paradox, the boy loves you in his sincerest ways, but he seeks your forgiveness if he becomes confused sometimes and cannot express his love in ways that may be most appreciated. Sigh.. :'(
--------
I listen to Josee as I would a sisterly figure. Goodness me, not another elder sister in my life.. Haha. That said, tacos, music and quiet sharing was indeed a delightful way to spend an evening originally threatened by shadows of doubt. Thank you, Josee.. : )
--------
Six passengers sardine-packed into George's Batman car - as Cor loves to put it - as a prelude to the first bachata lesson yesterday. Yet despite the good company, I nearly could not continue with the class, especially the moment when Boon turned down the lights to allow the class to "feel" the music. I had to compartmentalise wild thoughts before proceeding, but the situation should most probably improve as the days roll by. Gah, sometimes I feel as if I should hate myself..
Nonetheless, I am glad I accepted the backup plan last night as Eve advised me to. No wonder Eve is a xiao3 yi2, heh.. :p
--------
He wonders if jazz would be his unlikely saviour. Perhaps.. Perhaps, he needs to revisit the very roots of his musicality.

