Friday, March 31, 2006
路上行人欲断魂
And so maybe it was fitting that the skies unleashed its torrents upon us on this day when I stepped into the temple in remembrance of her. The grandmother who never did have any opportunity to steal a glimpse at this grandson of hers.
My eyes wandered, drifting up along row on row of gold-rimmed tablets, till my vision came to rest upon the familiar black-and-white photograph, by now singed with blemishes of years gone by. Appearing inconspicuous among the surrounding tablets adorned with strings of mandarins and assorted trinkets, surely its plain-ness can never be sufficient to document the eventful life journey of this amazingly strong lady.
Despite the perpetual sadness that I have never been allowed a chance to know my grandmother in person, I know I should draw much inspiration from her, especially for the upheavals which I shall come to confront in the near future.
借问酒家何处有
牧童遥指杏花村
The incense trails bring some comfort for the uncertain road ahead. But one cannot help but wonder, what she would share with me if she were still in this world, this dimension.

