The stars are very unaligned for me these weeks. Time and again frustrating obstacles present themselves, and despite my repeated clearance of the central hurdles, some spill-overs still crowd into my pathway like thorned nettles conspiring to scratch me bloody. To say I am tired at the moment is probably far from the truth; rather, my vitality is still running high. But a truth is that I indeed am irritated. I hope this new week brings some cheer - for goodness' sake, it is about to be CNY, everyone should get an emotional break for mental well-being, shouldn't we?
--------
I cannot believe that I am seeing Mean Girls being projected into real life. That is, the absolute mean-ness and ditziness as portrayed in the movie, being displayed by real people in real life. A dear friend is being plagued by these larger-than-life bimbos at the moment, and suffice to say, the situation is causing her a fair bit of distress.
Unbelievable indeed, but through optimistic eyes, this saga has allowed her to know who her better friends are. Not all doom and gloom, I must say.. : )
--------
Sooner or later, I am dead sure that one of my well-meaning friends will come up with a theory of me and my apparent penchance for older mature ladies. Just on Friday night at Jitters Fiesta, Bang asked me to guess the age of a lady, who on first glance could not have been more than twenty years of age, with a smug you-can't-guess-this countenance. I hesitated on the immediate answer, allowed myself a second take at her features and dancing, then gave the answer as twenty-four. And of course, stunned Bang in the process.
I amaze myself. What is it with me and twenty-four year-olds? On hindsight, it had all started with that twenty-four year-old beauty, who had also appeared sub-twenty, in the free Xen class. Haha, owell. Life's little stories, no? :p
Narcosis shuffled to the claves at
18:38