Saturday, October 08, 2005

The past one week has been a surrealistic whirl of attempting to whip up my Battalion's safety management system into a certain semblance of un-nihilistic order, in preparation for November's safety audit, and of packing up my entire house, my past, and my present, in preparation for the moving out and subsequent renovation in the following month. These dog days drag into serious overtime, all of the time, leaving me gasping often for faint relief, yet surprisingly not pressurising me into sheer driven-into-the-ground exhaustion. Perhaps this is the final test then, of what my spirit can actually endure.

--------
And I am undescribably grateful for your acceptance, your faith, and your kindliness. Whether it shall continue as prescribed, I guess you and I shall only know as days turn to nights, and nights into days. But that does not matter for now - only know that I thank you, for the spirit you have revived, for the soul you have recollected.

--------
It struck a previously oblivious me, beyond the pale, like a sound thud to the head, how stupidly sentimental I used to be, even as recently as the start of this year. How I stowed away tonnes and more tonnes of unnecessary items of yesteryear, in the false belief that they would be re-utilised somewhere, somehow, in someplace, by someone.

And today, I just emptied them into the waiting maw of our famished rubbish chute. Blast from the past? More like a whimper, I'd say.

Sentimentality is a good quality, but only in moderation.

--------

Latin event watch!

~ Salsa in Sarongs ~
Twenty-first October (Saturday).
Six-thirty pm onwards.
Siloso Beach, Sentosa.
Live Latin band "The Groove" and beach salsa fiesta.. Performances by Salsa Fanatico and Al Espinoza!

~ Singapore Salsa Open Competition 2005 ~
Twenty-second October (Sunday).
Eight pm onwards.
DXO, Colours By The Bay.
Live Latin bands "Los Reyes" and "Union Sq Latinas".. Performance competition!


I am actively seeking like-minded enthusiasts to chiong both events. Ring me if you're even remotely interested - I await the call-to-arms! : )



Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

a narc-ed mind
..narcosis..
..rapture..
..bliss..

Basic principles.
Groove with the claves.

    www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing items in a set called Latest. Make your own badge here.


. Political Comics
. EvolGen
. Deep Sea News
. Oceanic Dreams
. Behavioural Ecology Blog
. Annotated Budak
. The Other 95%
. Blogfish
. The Oyster's Garter
. Beyond Salmon
. Small Things Considered
. MercatorNet
. Corrinne May
. Addicted 2 Salsa
. The Unlikely Salsero
. Magna Gopal
. La Onda Tropical
. Pepanito
. Sun Of Latin Music
. iMambo.tv

. DF
. SF
. Grupolatin
. SalsaSingapore.sg
. Dance Chic
. Dance Unlimited
. Caliente
. Groove
. Two Left Feet
. En Motion
. Jitterbugs
. BodyTalks
. ADS
. DansFlava
. iWantToDance Forum

. Bachata 106
. The Mambo Show
. 100% Salsa
. Classic Salsa

Singapore celebrates the reefs

. Style My Closet

. The Rose Box