Monday, October 31, 2005

The news broke gently, the realisation, almost silently, that Xiong's mother had passed this morning. To be frank, we had learned in the past half year to accept the inevitability of this fact, but its actual occurrence still casts a shadowy pallor over him and I. The gist of his almost-casual MSN screen name just now belied, surely, the fact that he is at his most vulnerable now, and I fear that there is little I can do to alleviate the family's pain at this moment.

You have bravely weathered storms over the past one year, and it is only true that you possess the necessary strength to carry yourself through this. Even though you may be reaching these shores from far-away Shanghai only tonight, my heart is with your family all this way. Grieve, if you must, in front of me, and I will grieve with you. For no one has cast in stone the fact that grown men do not weep. And if there comes a time when you still need a pillar to lean on in the blinding aftermath, I will be here, in my means and ways, I promise.

--------
True to my word to Xiong that I shall not allow this to affect my other lives, it is, after all, Dad's birthday.

For someone who is blur enough to be able to forget about his own big day, here comes your reminder.. Happy 46th, Daddy! : )



Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

a narc-ed mind
..narcosis..
..rapture..
..bliss..

Basic principles.
Groove with the claves.

    www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing items in a set called Latest. Make your own badge here.


. Political Comics
. EvolGen
. Deep Sea News
. Oceanic Dreams
. Behavioural Ecology Blog
. Annotated Budak
. The Other 95%
. Blogfish
. The Oyster's Garter
. Beyond Salmon
. Small Things Considered
. MercatorNet
. Corrinne May
. Addicted 2 Salsa
. The Unlikely Salsero
. Magna Gopal
. La Onda Tropical
. Pepanito
. Sun Of Latin Music
. iMambo.tv

. DF
. SF
. Grupolatin
. SalsaSingapore.sg
. Dance Chic
. Dance Unlimited
. Caliente
. Groove
. Two Left Feet
. En Motion
. Jitterbugs
. BodyTalks
. ADS
. DansFlava
. iWantToDance Forum

. Bachata 106
. The Mambo Show
. 100% Salsa
. Classic Salsa

Singapore celebrates the reefs

. Style My Closet

. The Rose Box