Sunday, October 16, 2005

2..3..4 - 1 - 2..3..4 - 1............

It has been a while since I broke a step on two. And now again, I find myself plunging back into the torturous fold of the upright postures, lean body lines and straightened legs of latin ballroom. A mere two days ago, I hadn't the slightest idea that I would have ever begun to learn this. But here I am, on J's invitation, imbibing the sensuous flow of latin rumba.

The technical finesse of the rumba and the cha cha step are essentially one and the same, which meant no problems for me. But poor J, born and bred an accomplished social salsera, had to adapt and convert to the highly rigid discipline of latin ballroom footwork. It was with a tinge of nostalgia, therefore, that I watched her as she attempted tirelessly, and commendably, to maintain her frame discipline.

Uncle Vincent and Auntie Lilian, I owe you one, for grounding me suitably in latin finesse. Thank you. : )

Seven more Sundays of rumba, and then, perhaps, we shall waltz. Finally.

--------
I blew my temper today, and overboard I went. But I learn, and indeed I have learned, to rein in the damned righteousness.



Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

a narc-ed mind
..narcosis..
..rapture..
..bliss..

Basic principles.
Groove with the claves.

    www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing items in a set called Latest. Make your own badge here.


. Political Comics
. EvolGen
. Deep Sea News
. Oceanic Dreams
. Behavioural Ecology Blog
. Annotated Budak
. The Other 95%
. Blogfish
. The Oyster's Garter
. Beyond Salmon
. Small Things Considered
. MercatorNet
. Corrinne May
. Addicted 2 Salsa
. The Unlikely Salsero
. Magna Gopal
. La Onda Tropical
. Pepanito
. Sun Of Latin Music
. iMambo.tv

. DF
. SF
. Grupolatin
. SalsaSingapore.sg
. Dance Chic
. Dance Unlimited
. Caliente
. Groove
. Two Left Feet
. En Motion
. Jitterbugs
. BodyTalks
. ADS
. DansFlava
. iWantToDance Forum

. Bachata 106
. The Mambo Show
. 100% Salsa
. Classic Salsa

Singapore celebrates the reefs

. Style My Closet

. The Rose Box