Saturday, July 02, 2005
My job at Padang today was at least slightly more constructive, bringing a representative of the IDA frequency monitoring team around the vicinity for a recce of possible sites to locate their rover and equipment. We settled for a small corner within the St Andrew's Cathedral compound, so I will most probably be attached out to the team to learn about frequency direction finding. Anyone who would be so kind to provide me with company during Saturday rehearsals would do well to catch me in the Cathedral grounds; you don't need an NDP pass for entry! -hint hint-
Catching up with Danielle at ExCEL was a pleasant surprise - we had never shared deeply into this many issues before. Conversation came easily, and only the end of the fest reminded us that our chat had to be rolled over to another day another time. We definitely have come a long way from the days when I used to chorus 'Miss Chen! Miss Chen!'. Instead she is merely 'Danielle' to me now. And we think it most suitable and apt indeed!
Drinks at Harry's brought yet another very pleasant surprise. Le and Miang now hold the honour of being second (the first of course, was my unlucky mom!) in giving me birthday wishes this year, exactly 28 days in advance. Thank you both sooo much for the lovely shirt!! (yes although it was a tad too big haha! now you know I go for more fitting cuts) I have never owned a Quiksilver before - this is a first.. :)) Two early presents by now, how come it's so weird this year round hehe.
Oh I finally succeeded in knotting a cherry stalk with my tongue.. that means I'm now in the league of good kissers wahaha! ;p
And many thanks to Cheryl, whose guidance at chacha this morning gave me new insights into a good lead.

