Sunday, July 10, 2005

Barely twenty four hours after the jubilation and exhilaration of whisking the hosting rights to the 2012 Olympics from right under Paris' nose, bomb blasts and tragedy strike London, and my heart goes out to the wounded, the deceased, the traumatised, but most importantly, to all the lads who have banded together in united solidarity to say 'London moves on!' That is precisely the right spirit to confound the fundamentalists and terrorists in our grey-tinted world.

--------
It is official.

Hoegaarden, of slight fruity undertones, has replaced the long-standing Asahi as my numero uno beer! Congratulations Hoegaarden for the takeover coup; may this foster closer relations between me and my beer.. Ha! ;p

Well Hoegaarden wouldn't have scored the coup so early if it were not for Jie, who asked me yesterday afternoon to join her, Joe, Dec and Wendy at Wala's in the night to catch EIC's farewell gig for their bassist. Since I had long heard accolades of EIC's reputation as a solid local band, I decided to give the outing a shot, despite the fact that I was a total stranger among Jie's friends. Not that it mattered eventually - Dec and Wendy were very sociable, and Joe was nice too! Plus EIC's rock-the-house-down music for raucous company, good drinks, and wonderfully amusing strangers like the drunken guy in front of Jie and me who insisted on standing to rock the night away and having to be restrained all night long by five friends..

I have not hung out beyond midnight for long enough. Yesterday night was a wonderful way to buck that trend.. thanks Jie! :)) Hope I can be part of the gang now, even though I am the odd one out with no 'plus one' in tow, hehe.

--------
Finally I am getting down to some real work at Saturday NDP rehearsals. The frequency monitoring team from InfoComms Development Authority (iDA) set up shop today at St Andrew's Cathedral to scan for illegal transmission of unauthorised frequencies, and because I remain with them every Saturday, I get to learn how to use direction finders and spectrum analysers. Cool enough to make Saturday afternoons that bit more interesting.


~ The Lead ~
We gentlemen are not just dance partners; we are so much more. Think director, traffic police, security provider, pilot, live commentator.. Sometimes daring, always caring. Now remember that.



Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

a narc-ed mind
..narcosis..
..rapture..
..bliss..

Basic principles.
Groove with the claves.

    www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing items in a set called Latest. Make your own badge here.


. Political Comics
. EvolGen
. Deep Sea News
. Oceanic Dreams
. Behavioural Ecology Blog
. Annotated Budak
. The Other 95%
. Blogfish
. The Oyster's Garter
. Beyond Salmon
. Small Things Considered
. MercatorNet
. Corrinne May
. Addicted 2 Salsa
. The Unlikely Salsero
. Magna Gopal
. La Onda Tropical
. Pepanito
. Sun Of Latin Music
. iMambo.tv

. DF
. SF
. Grupolatin
. SalsaSingapore.sg
. Dance Chic
. Dance Unlimited
. Caliente
. Groove
. Two Left Feet
. En Motion
. Jitterbugs
. BodyTalks
. ADS
. DansFlava
. iWantToDance Forum

. Bachata 106
. The Mambo Show
. 100% Salsa
. Classic Salsa

Singapore celebrates the reefs

. Style My Closet

. The Rose Box