Friday, June 17, 2005

Realised I forgot to post about Mum's big booboo one fine day last week when she brought me out to have a look at some rings. Innocent enough, no? Then at Lee Hwa this salesgirl who obviously knew her came over and said, Sharon your ring just arrived today, you can let your son have a look. You all should have seen my Mum's face totally go flabbergasted in a look of pure disbelief! Haha! Turns out that she was intending to buy me a ring for my birthday which is still a good month or so away, and she had hoped to get my finger size and ring preference through these look-see-try window shopping excursions.. It was incredibly touching though! Oh nooo! :) I was taken aback by surprise at her -scheming- ways, and again I must say, incredibly touched by the thought!

After all, nobody surprises me with stuff anymore, even though I love them. Sighh.

The whole saga ended with her getting me a titanium ring there and then, plus my promise to forget about the gift until my birthday itself. So.. Here's to erasing my memory. *poof!

--------
It has been a pretty bad week by any standards. Add the fact that Mum and Dad were at it again just now over piddling house chores, I just cannot glimpse any ray of light in the next few weeks.

Once more I find multifarious reasons to reaffirm my belief that I only like my job now because one, it is a liability that I have to serve (and thereafter f- off), and two, it funds my vices quite ably. But of course.

Collected my new glasses only just, wearing them now. And they look and feel.. weird. Shrugs. At least it has a nice frame, somewhat reminiscent of Oakley.



Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

a narc-ed mind
..narcosis..
..rapture..
..bliss..

Basic principles.
Groove with the claves.

    www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing items in a set called Latest. Make your own badge here.


. Political Comics
. EvolGen
. Deep Sea News
. Oceanic Dreams
. Behavioural Ecology Blog
. Annotated Budak
. The Other 95%
. Blogfish
. The Oyster's Garter
. Beyond Salmon
. Small Things Considered
. MercatorNet
. Corrinne May
. Addicted 2 Salsa
. The Unlikely Salsero
. Magna Gopal
. La Onda Tropical
. Pepanito
. Sun Of Latin Music
. iMambo.tv

. DF
. SF
. Grupolatin
. SalsaSingapore.sg
. Dance Chic
. Dance Unlimited
. Caliente
. Groove
. Two Left Feet
. En Motion
. Jitterbugs
. BodyTalks
. ADS
. DansFlava
. iWantToDance Forum

. Bachata 106
. The Mambo Show
. 100% Salsa
. Classic Salsa

Singapore celebrates the reefs

. Style My Closet

. The Rose Box