Saturday, June 11, 2005

I am an initiated Unionista! Union Square the salsa bar, that is.. The bar was smaller than expected but surely it can't be mistaken for anything other than the Home of Latin Beats with a positively electrifying atmosphere come late night! Oolala..

~ Few dancers on the floor ~

Xue er: Ehh if we dance very paiseh leh. (nudges me)
Me: Uhh yah.
Weiliang: Aiyo cannot make it lor! I don't feel like it..

~ Five minutes, one more bourbon whiskey in front of me later. Still few dancers ~

Xue er: Ehh want to dance anot? (nudges me again)
Me: Uhh ask Weiliang lah..
Weiliang: Dowan dowan! So paiseh!

~ One sip of bourbon whiskey later ~

Xue er: Dance leh!
Me: Aiyah k lah k lah..


So stretching my hand out in a customary invite, Xue er and me took the plunge and faced the risk of making a fool out of ourselves.

Which of course, we did -
- But still we had great fun out of it while the ignominy of failing to light up the dancefloor lasted, after which I handed her over into Weiliang's arms.

Methinks she really did enjoy herself tonight; I mean, she was dancing with three guys one after another, song after song, mind you, and she was just like a Duracell bunny going on and on and on and on.. You get the point. Plus the way we were imitating bachata / tango / latin chacha / champalang footwork during those slooooow tunes.. Pretty amazingly hyper tonight.. :)

Am glad that tonight I gained some confidence to weave improvised steps and footwork into my routines. But because of the wonders that alcohol does, I think we might have cheated a little, ha! >_<
To work on: getting the necessary skills and more importantly, courage, to ask for dances.
--------

Someday I'm gonna be as good, cross my heart.
--------

Latin chacha starts tomorrow, with a whole new partner. Wonder what this module will turn out like. Cheryl, I'm finally repaying you the dance 'debt' that I owe haha!



Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

a narc-ed mind
..narcosis..
..rapture..
..bliss..

Basic principles.
Groove with the claves.

    www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing items in a set called Latest. Make your own badge here.


. Political Comics
. EvolGen
. Deep Sea News
. Oceanic Dreams
. Behavioural Ecology Blog
. Annotated Budak
. The Other 95%
. Blogfish
. The Oyster's Garter
. Beyond Salmon
. Small Things Considered
. MercatorNet
. Corrinne May
. Addicted 2 Salsa
. The Unlikely Salsero
. Magna Gopal
. La Onda Tropical
. Pepanito
. Sun Of Latin Music
. iMambo.tv

. DF
. SF
. Grupolatin
. SalsaSingapore.sg
. Dance Chic
. Dance Unlimited
. Caliente
. Groove
. Two Left Feet
. En Motion
. Jitterbugs
. BodyTalks
. ADS
. DansFlava
. iWantToDance Forum

. Bachata 106
. The Mambo Show
. 100% Salsa
. Classic Salsa

Singapore celebrates the reefs

. Style My Closet

. The Rose Box