Saturday, June 18, 2005
Warning: Ubin biking ain't a stroll in the park, really. The dirt and gravel tracks give you butt sores that last and the slopes are hell to handle. In fact, besides having to accompany Ylu and her family pushing bikes upslope, I was also forced to dismount at times because I just couldn't push up the crest anymore. And though it was a relatively good workout, it came at quite a price too: a steep downslope caused Ylu's sis to fly off her bike, and silly Ylu collided with another biker going in the opposite direction. Poor thang. Luckily there were two former Red Cross-ers on hand to save the day hehe..
But injuries aside, our first time biking was very fun and truly one of those outings especially remembered. Rather off the beaten track I would say. Who would have imagined that I'd return serendipitously to the site where, on my OBS mobile expedition many years ago, my watch took a dip / shower in the quarry waters and built a solid little raft that kept us afloat over the deep waters. The sight of the same quarry at the end of a loong dirt track brought back floods of memories.. And who would have known that to even enter Chek Jawa now, you have to book beforehand with NParks! Boo! To think I was expecting to go reefwalking that day, sigh.
Discovered something really funny about Miss Bukit Batok: how she often gets hungry all of a sudden, and after that become lethargic to the max. So lethargic that she couldn't ride properly back to the jetty and I had to push her bike upslope for her.. Hurhur. Weird deh. The next time that we're going out, I ought to bring emergency food supplies for her.. ;p
--------
Dakorkor's wedding tomorrow! Can't wait.. :)

