Sunday, March 07, 2004

Transience

I can see you standing in the doorway of this little house
Smiling, saying goodnight
Then my mind’s eye moves to the time
When you were standing in the doorway saying goodbye

I still feel the first hug that you gave me
On the first day when we were more than friends, holding me tight
Then again I feel your arms around me
In the place where we decided to move on alone

What can we say about a powerless love fool?
How can he stand against the tides that pull?
Old friends and old flames will stand alone too soon
As the seasons part, they will, too
In the still silence of the night
When you can’t recall the touch of light
I won’t know if Fate is wrong or right
In all its transience


A little inspiration, partially due to my mood, partially in memory of last night's long chat with a friend. Something I guess only he will understand. It was quite amazing how he opened up, but well, I'm glad he did... I discovered another characteristic about myself and frankly I'm quite disgusted with myself. Sigh, it's just... Nvm, I'll just try to be more mindful in the future.

Yesterday was a nice day... It had threatened to be a disaster at first, bcos certain people had to bang-seh me again, but in the end everything worked out sweetly. A celebratory lunch with Char before she dragged me to Bodyworlds for a look around, and I must admit that plastination is slightly fascinating in all its morbidity. I miss quiet personal time at Coffeebean, and I got some time at the Taka outlet before meeting up with my fishing kaki (haha! yup, still call him that) to go to the Mezzanine Bar at Mandarin. Beautiful beautiful place with a fantastic ambience! :) Throw in a little chocolatey gift for my Mum, and it was a good day out. Swe-et. :)

What happened to Nana? That girl has disappeared from my phone for a long long time. She hasn't responded to msgs for 2 whole months... And what of the promise she made on Friday afternoon? Sigh. Forget it. -turns away- Let's see... Sean's putting up at my place after the council reunion on the 20th. And 5 days after that is POP!!! Yeah! :) And also, let's see if PSC can get me an early bookout next Saturday for the tea session.

And oh yes, congrats on getting in, Yang! :) Bah, I had to find out through Ming lor, stupid pig...



Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

a narc-ed mind
..narcosis..
..rapture..
..bliss..

Basic principles.
Groove with the claves.

    www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing items in a set called Latest. Make your own badge here.


. Political Comics
. EvolGen
. Deep Sea News
. Oceanic Dreams
. Behavioural Ecology Blog
. Annotated Budak
. The Other 95%
. Blogfish
. The Oyster's Garter
. Beyond Salmon
. Small Things Considered
. MercatorNet
. Corrinne May
. Addicted 2 Salsa
. The Unlikely Salsero
. Magna Gopal
. La Onda Tropical
. Pepanito
. Sun Of Latin Music
. iMambo.tv

. DF
. SF
. Grupolatin
. SalsaSingapore.sg
. Dance Chic
. Dance Unlimited
. Caliente
. Groove
. Two Left Feet
. En Motion
. Jitterbugs
. BodyTalks
. ADS
. DansFlava
. iWantToDance Forum

. Bachata 106
. The Mambo Show
. 100% Salsa
. Classic Salsa

Singapore celebrates the reefs

. Style My Closet

. The Rose Box