Wednesday, March 31, 2004
Have I been really reflecting and pondering over my own actions and deeds? For all I know, maybe I've been wallowing all along. Just had a short chat with a friend, and I was glad for her happiness now that she's sorted her life out and has some clarity in her life. Now, if only there could be some balance in my own. Too many thoughts, too many cares... I thought that my escape to Tioman would ease some things, but I guess not, for these seem too deepseated to be placed aside just like that. Frustrations have indeed grown with age. I was looking through my early council photos a while ago, and I subconsciously compared my smiles then and now, and it almost seems as if that twinkle in my eye has vanished when I look into the mirror now to give a grin. Like a soul separated from the husk of the body and looking upon the shell in its wretchedness, I'm looking into the mirror and finding a stranger staring blankly in return. I don't know you anymore. Who am I? Or rather, what am I? Why do I bother with such trivial things as love and friendships when there is a larger purpose to life that I am apparently supposed to find out? Or are they part and parcel of the discovery process? He who used to imagine himself as a certain aura, now finds that images are flickering sidelights prone to the whims of disappearance. The sojourn ahead may be long, yet may be surprisingly short; there will be no promises, no guarantees, not even the touch of surety. But I know, one day I shall re-acquaint me and myself once again.

