Friday, March 26, 2004

POP ah POP... POP ah POP... It all seemed so surreal yesterday afternoon as I was bringing up my rifle in high port and turning to face the audience at the parade ground. 10 weeks are over, and though these weeks may have seemed long, we've made it through. Now, we're trained soldiers. Haha, oh dear, that sounds a bit communist... But it's difficult to leave now that it's over, especially my section. We'll always be known as the section of extremes, with 3 OOC from one bunk, yet with so many of our names in the platoon best IPPT records and such high levels of camaraderie. I'd like to give a salute to the core of Leopard 2 Section 4 who've made BMT so great for me... Who can ever forget Xuan Rong the loudhailer, Weixiong the SISPEC-bound, Bear the blurtoot and his heck-care-about-anything-in-the-army, Kendrew the best buddy, Zhi Da and Wei Qi and the late-night talk cock sessions, Ya Zai (!!), Cebok and Lim Mao Sen and the fun that they brought us by niao-ing each other... Thank you.

Understanding
Just would like you to know that I understand. I’ve not gone through 2 years of JC and these months of NS without growing up emotionally... I’m no longer the little boy whom I was 2 years ago... And it’s not a matter of whether I’m still willing to talk to you. You know I am... Friends won’t be “switched off” just like that.
Clouds may drift by and tides may change, and I know that some things are not left for me (or us) to decide, so I’ll put my trust in Fate and hope that down the road there’ll be something good. And I do hope that many years ahead, when you and I are much much older, we’ll still be able to meet up and xiao4 kan4 cong2 qian2, xian4 zai4, wei4 lai2. But, having said that, you’ll always be the wonderful person whom you truly are, in my mind’s eye.
Let’s see if we’ll meet one of these days then...

Meanwhile, I’ll take a weekend out to Tioman to get away from everything. And heh, on Monday I’ll return as an Advanced Diver. :) Yup, just might need to drop anything else and go off for a while...

The future is... still a bit blurry.



Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

a narc-ed mind
..narcosis..
..rapture..
..bliss..

Basic principles.
Groove with the claves.

    www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing items in a set called Latest. Make your own badge here.


. Political Comics
. EvolGen
. Deep Sea News
. Oceanic Dreams
. Behavioural Ecology Blog
. Annotated Budak
. The Other 95%
. Blogfish
. The Oyster's Garter
. Beyond Salmon
. Small Things Considered
. MercatorNet
. Corrinne May
. Addicted 2 Salsa
. The Unlikely Salsero
. Magna Gopal
. La Onda Tropical
. Pepanito
. Sun Of Latin Music
. iMambo.tv

. DF
. SF
. Grupolatin
. SalsaSingapore.sg
. Dance Chic
. Dance Unlimited
. Caliente
. Groove
. Two Left Feet
. En Motion
. Jitterbugs
. BodyTalks
. ADS
. DansFlava
. iWantToDance Forum

. Bachata 106
. The Mambo Show
. 100% Salsa
. Classic Salsa

Singapore celebrates the reefs

. Style My Closet

. The Rose Box