Sunday, February 22, 2004
An interesting euphemism that I shall use from now on is resveratrol, in place of the word 'alcohol'! Haha... For the uninitiated, resveratrol is the compound that is present in wines that helps to curb cancerous cell growth, and it's found in copious amounts in grape skin, which is why red wine, where the skin is left to ferment for a longer time than its white counterpart, is supposedly the healthier choice. But as with anything else, moderation is the key here. :) Hmm, dramafeste last night was quite okay I guess. The reason why I went for it was to give support to Da Ma's S7 script (which, incidentally, was sent to me for vetting), and the script was just great as I thought. But the stage presence wasn't quite there yet, so Arts ran riot during the award ceremony. Hope Da Ma took it in good spirit though... To my good friend who talked with me till late last night, it was nice to see you again even though it's been only say 2 weeks we haven't met. I'll be hoping for you to get into LSE... And oh, did I ever mention to you that my decision to fly off to Cambridge will be much easier once you gain admission to LSE? Don't worry, it's not that I'm letting myself be swayed by others, but this is but one of the many factors I'm considering. Ultimately, the decision will still be my own call. :)
Sigh, situational test coming up next Thursday to Saturday. That means another 3 days 2 nights of roughing it out in the field, this time without familiar faces around since the whole company will be split into totally different sections. And that also means a very short bookout time from Saturday evening to Sunday evening. Bah.
Man Utd's throwing the title away! Quite sad, but well, nvm lah. The following extract from Soccernet makes for an interesting read:
Wingers by nature are inconsistent. Even Damien Duff and Ryan Giggs, the foremost Premiership exponents of the winger's art, are capable of destroying teams on one day and doing a disappearing act the next.
Fans of an older age group may have many sepia-tinged memories of the likes of George Best, Eddie Gray and Jimmy Johnstone bewitching defenders and winning matches almost on their own. But they have also forgotten the many afternoons where nothing came off and the full-back was the winner. Inconsistency is a given for wingers but to possess the mark of a true great, the good days must outweigh the anonymous.
Haha never knew that wingers are known for inconsistency. Hmm, sounds very much like me, the right flank guy who drifts aimlessly about the soccer ground and charges with the ball so predictably. I've gotta buck up in soccer, otherwise I'll be the laughing stock, just like I was yesterday afternoon when the 29th guys were bonding. Bleah... :p Till next weekend, ta.

