Tuesday, December 23, 2003
While I'm gone, Kebahbah will be doing up the lyrics booklet and printing it, Auntie will be printing all the CD faces, while Kel and Xue er are going to take up the job of cutting and slotting the booklets, just like in June. So hopefully by 10 Jan when I return, the CDs should be neatly stacked and ready to roll! Hopefully, that is. I spent a quiet moment in the studio yesterday after we had sung Salley Gardens. It was 6.30 pm and I was just sitting down in the chair looking around and reminiscing about the first time that we had stepped into the studio and let out exclaimations of glee at discovering that the studio was better than we had expected. Time flies. Yesterday will probably be the final time that I'll be stepping into the studio for a long long time. Watching Kel and the girls sing didn't help too; it was nearly too much for me to take. 2 Years On is our last album for a long time to come, and although I may keep saying that we'll come together 10 years later for a reunion album and a life of making music, who knows what is to come? I'll miss them a lot in the next few years, whenever I pick up my guitar or put our CDs in the hi-fi set... Geez...
Anyway, my 2 remaining uni applications to Duke and UCSD were mailed out today, so that's it for me for the unis! I've booted the essays out of sight! :) Let's hope for the best now, that Duke won't reject me like Stanford did... :( This frees my mind for Maldives though. That's right, I'll be gone from tomorrow night till the morning of 10 Jan 2004, so effectively my Christmas and New Year will be spent in the land of sun, sea and sand. A friend from a more northern latitude asked what it was like to have a 'hot Christmas'. Heh, what a way of putting it: hot... Bleah, come to the Equator and try it out for yourself, dude!
Sheesh, I think I'm going overboard, but at the same time I don't think I am... Bleah. Anyway, a Merry Merry Christmas and the Happiest of New Years to everyone out there! :) I feel Christmassy already...

