Whoa... Bio prac today was okay I guess. I finished the paper with 15 min to spare, and was looking around the lab. Where I once used to see classmates frantically trying to complete goodness knows how many more pages of questions, today I saw a picture of serenity and composure. Neat! :) But the facade lasted only till the washing up. All hell broke loose from there as people compared answers, shrieked and screamed until the tutors had to step in, haha! And Char was there in the lockup going hysterical and screaming at me. Bah... The experiments were on mung bean respiration, amylase action and a certain stem. In the words of Kwun Kit, the mung beans were hyperactive! :p We were told to place 4 to 5 beans in a syringe and measure the movement of a liquid droplet in an adjoining capillary tube, but it turned out that the beans were respiring so darn fast that the drop had travelled to the end of the tube by the end of 2 min, when we were supposed to do the experiment in 10 min... So I did thrice of the 2 min experiment, then faked the rest of the results, bleah. :p And shortly after that, the tutors came in and announced that we could use 1 bean instead. *%*&^%*& -shall remain civil here- Hehe. :) For the stem, we were all arguing whether the vascular bundles were closed or not, and whether there was cambium or not, in the lock up. And it seemed only Sirui, Jiaying and me didn't see a cambium. But it was true! I didn't see the brick-like cells between the xylem and phloem! What's more, we saw a sclerenchyma sheath that would throttle any cambial growth, in effect negating the presence of cambium. But obviously the rest of the class saw the cambium. So there it was, us against the world, feeling like big idiots. But we were vindicated later in the afternoon when Miss Ong called me to ask about the class, so I took the chance to ask her, and she said, "it's monocot wat, no cambium." Hehe. Vindication enough? The source of the confusion was probably because the stem was young, as what Miss Ong mentioned, so... :p Hope Char chills. Hysterics are not good for the heart ya know...
Tousif called just now, and it was very nice to be talking to a Sec 4 classmate whom I've not seen for a whole year. :) And surprisingly, he still remembered that I liked SH in the first 3 months last year. Haha, what a memory eh?
Dad's birthday tml... Hee, nothing spectac, just bringing him out for a dinner with Mum. :) Happy Birthday Dad! :)
And I wonder how I'm always there for a daughter when she's down. A daddy's instinct? But wait, guys aren't supposed to have that sixth sense. Hmm, it's amazing, cos it's been the 3rd time liao... :)
Narcosis shuffled to the claves at
23:24