Monday, October 20, 2003
Take Flight
Watching you take flight from this rear view mirror of mine
A wreck of nerves and I just can’t stop the tears in my eyes
A shot of stupor rips through my veins like narcoleptic mind games
Unaware, numbed, I watch you take flight
Reminiscent days of bygones
Luminescent dreams have gone wrong
Scatter photographs like dirt, they’ve gone past their use-by year
Bits of sentiment still cling so tightly, feeding my fear
Hallucination, a thousand colours go spinning in my brain
Like a fool, stunned, I watch you take flight
I retrace the steps I took with you everywhere, in the sun, in the rain
And I relook at memories past and I will forgive if you say you forget
‘Cos now you’re setting off, leave the past behind, and though I may
Smile and wish good luck, the tortured one is me
Faded memories still hurt as they drift in the darkness of love
Yellow tinted thoughts renew, lie in wait in a corner of mind
Screaming at me to pick up pieces of jagged, broken heartache
Come undone, pained, I watch you take flight
And you don’t have to turn back time
To tell me you’re taking off from here
We’re all alone now in this world
I'm wondering whether it'll be suitable for our 2nd album cos it seems quite a dark song. But then again, diversity is the key ain't it? I have begun diversifying... Creeps, sounds like I'm morphing into something else through fission... :p
Good luck for Physics prac tml, everyone! :)

