Sunday, August 24, 2003

The transparent plaque sits on my desk now, on it inscribed with the words zui4 jia1 zuo4 qu3. The euphoria's over, but the memories from the night itself have added themselves to the vault of recollections that I hold dear to my heart. Everything that happened that night seems so vivid I could swear it was happening again right here as I type. Everything.

How my guitar went for bust on the 2nd rehearsal, how it recovered its lost voice on the day itself after being serviced. All the crapping with the S22 people (esp. Yang and Richard, those 2 jokers... :p), dinner with them out behind the audi. Their song (so nice!) and their fooling around at the end of the song. My song, and how a certain someone inspired the composition. Anqi and her Jay Chou make-over, Shaoxuan and his nu3 li4. Zihui's power-packed commanding. Richard and his "tutututututu...". Yang and her gripping nervousness. Going upstage, plugging in, starting to play and then realising that the darn overdrive was on. Realising that the overdrive was still on when I started Yang's song. The support from the guys which went along the lines of "Daddy..." and "ting1 hai3... han2..." (chao1 lame!). The lantern and the 2 honeydews given to Yang upstage, hehe. The mad rush into the audi with the other contestants to catch Lin Jun Jie live. :) The shock of receiving the award. Yang's absolutely classic reaction of shock when she heard of her award. Photos, people, guitars, drums, amps, music, songs.

Haha, the guys sabo-ed Nana to come upstage after my performance to give me flowers! Sporting sia, Nana... :) And Lin Jun Jie sang Chi4 Bang3!! OMG it was a wonderful live song!!
Thanks to all for the support! To Nana, for the little bouquet; to Gena/YT/Shuqi and Shan Shan/Zuoting, for the roses; to Hsien/Jiaying, for the big bright sunflower; to Yuying, for the beautiful note; to Sirui, Char and the rest of 72 who came down for the rehearsals.
To the S22 singers! Yang, Richard, Yiquan, Wanting and Jianyang! They just made me feel so home throughout the entire process lor... And never did I expect that to happen. Never knew that the few of us could click that fast (and how fast it was too). They rocked, and their song was so touching as well! :)
And perhaps most of all, to Yang. Hmm, I won't expound on that here... But when you read this, make sure you tell me k, Yang? Got something written down elsewhere for you.

Dreaming of you in the crowd
When I was upstage, I saw you in the crowd. Saw you sitting and listening out for the lyrics because I wrote it with you in mind. Saw a little smile on your face. So I really did feel a boost of spiritual support from you, and I think I did sing better. But downstage, I woke up to the realisation that you were not there. And my emotions took a turn for a while. How I wish you could be there in the crowd listening, how I wish you could be downstage after the performance giving your comments on the song... Listless dreams. Blindfold of a dreamy alternate world pulled over my eyes. But I did call you once I reached home, and we talked, till it was 12.10 am and Dad came to chase me away from the phone... :p Reaffirmation of faith.


Yesterday's Tapestry gave quite a headache to us. In the morning, the tenants in Far East rejected us (when they had originally said yes), and we had to scramble to fit the groups inside Far East to other locations. Then it rained when the clock struck 4, so everything had to be pushed back, and the concert was nearly cancelled... Sigh. But Wheelock proved to be okay in the early afternoon at least. Haha, Jielin, Cheryl, Xun and the rest of the cheerleaders could really pull a huge crowd in!! Goodness... So I started calling them flirtatious girls after that with respect to their erhem quite cheeky performance, with Jielin and Cheryl denying vehemently. Hehe... Staccato was great! Their acapella was good, and with a bit more polishing, behold what could probably be the next Budak Pantai. MAD was good too, and I was especially enthralled by the guys' Machi dance (yah, it had to be Machi again...). And Diya, I have nothing to say. Natural born entertainer, that girl... :) Haha Wheelock became more or less a Hwa Chong concert yesterday lor... Easier for me to manage too. :)



Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

a narc-ed mind
..narcosis..
..rapture..
..bliss..

Basic principles.
Groove with the claves.

    www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing items in a set called Latest. Make your own badge here.


. Political Comics
. EvolGen
. Deep Sea News
. Oceanic Dreams
. Behavioural Ecology Blog
. Annotated Budak
. The Other 95%
. Blogfish
. The Oyster's Garter
. Beyond Salmon
. Small Things Considered
. MercatorNet
. Corrinne May
. Addicted 2 Salsa
. The Unlikely Salsero
. Magna Gopal
. La Onda Tropical
. Pepanito
. Sun Of Latin Music
. iMambo.tv

. DF
. SF
. Grupolatin
. SalsaSingapore.sg
. Dance Chic
. Dance Unlimited
. Caliente
. Groove
. Two Left Feet
. En Motion
. Jitterbugs
. BodyTalks
. ADS
. DansFlava
. iWantToDance Forum

. Bachata 106
. The Mambo Show
. 100% Salsa
. Classic Salsa

Singapore celebrates the reefs

. Style My Closet

. The Rose Box