Thursday, July 31, 2003
I was ready to spend yesterday in a state of austere self-denial and dejection, but then the people around me really really touched me so much that I renounced the dejection temporarily. :) Letters from David, Yang, Sis, Jun, Jiang Hai and Nat spelt out words of encouragement and of course the typical birthday wishes... A decorated jar of homebaked cookies from Yang, dark chocolate thins from Jun (food is the way to a guy's heart ain't it? -grins-), and a Nike Dri Fit shirt from Pei, Nat and Bear...
And I was especially touched by what Pei, Yang and Jun did. Never did expect that Pei would remember what I told her a few weeks ago when we were out that I had been searching up and down for a long time for a dry fit shirt. And yet she did! :) I'm touched by her attention to what I was saying, although she keeps on denying that she was paying attention then. Oh no, I hope it didn't cost them that much... Yang has always admitted that she can't cook and can't bake that well, but she still, in her words, bake de2 hen3 xin1 ku3 to give me that special batch of cookies; and plus that sweet letter of hers, aww... :) And Jun's letter was both special and unexpected. I have to admit that I haven't really treated her as someone who should supposedly be a good friend since Sec 2, but given recent circumstances, we have grown closer. Her letter spoke of times gone by and brought me through a veritable time tunnel of our friendship, and, being someone who will always cheer people around her up, the letter was in a lighthearted tone. A pleasant surprise from her... Thanks so much to the 3 of you. You really made my day!
But I came close to breaking down when I read Sis' letter. Don't know if it was bcos I was relieved that our ordeal had been addressed and she wrote that our friendship was still intact and treasured, or bcos I was sad at the realisation that we can no longer be as close as we used to be last year... Sigh... If it's time to let go of friends, it's best to let go. Haiz, sui2 yuan2 lah. I suppose it's good enough to know that there's someone in this world who shares your birthday...
And today the wishes still came streaming in from all places. Haha Hsien and Char thought it was today, and imagine the shock on Char's face when I told her it wasn't... Thanks everyone, anyway. Your wishes did lift my spirits.
SSEF/NSTS judging tml... -teeth chattering- Oh no, realise that I've close to forgotten my entire project. Gee, need to mug my project a fair bit later, so that at least tml I won't xian4 chou3 too much... :p Don't think I'll get NSTS eventually, so I'm treating the fair as a form of exposure, but wish me luck anyways. :) Oh, and I saw the sample set of the Memoirs just now. Finally. The end product is so nice! :) Think the councillors will love it... Looking forward to JTS tml! Kk that said, I do need to go and prepare for my presentation now...

