Monday, June 09, 2003
If (10-m)(10-n)(10-r)(10-s)=9, what is the value of m+n+r+s, given that m, n, r and s are integers.
Gee I really had a bit of a problem tackling this. Eventually I did work out a solution, but then after the paper as I was discussing it with Pei, I found out to my horror that I ignored the 'integers' part. Ah well, one down. How many more wrong, one wonders... Hee, but I don't quite care anymore, useless anyway.
Was supposed to meet Pei after that to watch Reloaded, but I went down to Cine and found that the only afternoon show was fully booked, then I called PS, Lido and Marina, and got the same result. Such a letdown, was looking forward to it. Anyway, Pei went on with her MAF treat, and later went out with her mum, so didn't get to meet her at all today. :(
But something else happened today! As I was pacing about at Cine wondering what to do about the movie, I looked down at the upcoming escalator and hoho, guess who I saw. Ming and Xue er! Haha! I nearly wanted to turn back laughing. And as they walked past me, they didn't notice me, the 2 big blur kings... It was up to me to call out a hi to Ming before they noticed. Tried not to tag along with them for lunch, but in the end had to relent cos both of them were literally pulling me along. Then we went window shopping all the way to Far East, where Xue er and me bought a shared present for Leon. Hmm, haven't seen that guy for quite some time, wonder how's he. They rushed back to J8 after that to Find Nemo, and well, in the words of Xue er, they founded Nemo eventually. Which was in a sense lucky, otherwise Ming and me would have to act it out for her... Hehe. But it was quite interesting watching the 2 of them interact. Though I don't believe there's anything going on, but it's fascinating to guess if it's possible.
On Sunday, went to Kebahbah's place from 10 to 3 for band prac. Julia gave us a piece of real good news upon her arrival, that is, Yuan Kai told her that we can use the Nanyang Poly studio for free on weekdays. That's the best news I've heard in ages, although it isn't quite confirmed yet! And boy, were we excited at the prospect of recording in the studio instead of using the MD at Xue er's place!
Had a fantastic prac session, one of our best so far. Finalised the tracks, all our arrangements, and the order of the tracks, and realised only today that wow, the songs that we've written are actually of quite high standards! I'm suitably impressed by Xue er's and Julia's compositions, not to mention Kel's shen2 piano improvisation, and Kebahbah's harmony-at-will.
Xue er and me took the long MRT ride back together, and on the way we talked about a lot of things, from band prac to the CD recording to Ming and her to how she felt I seem closer to more girls than guys. (About that last point, more or less it's probably true, but David's an exception I suppose. And how does one define 'close'? For all I know, it's only Pei, Yang and David that I feel really at ease with.) In any case, I was quite grateful for that chat, cos I haven't really talked to Xue er for a few months... We share the same sentiment as in that we hope for the success of the CD! :)
Oh, and I must add this. Today, in fact just now, I attempted to bake cookies for the first time in my life, with my mum of course. And though the first batch didn't turn out all that well, the 2nd and 3rd batches were still quite okay I suppose... Hee, the oven hasn't seen the last of me, I'm sure! :)
I'll know later if we can get the Nanyang Poly studio on Wed including technical support and mixing for free... *crosses fingers*

